Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy
BDCT works by helping the body’s natural healing mechanisms dissipate the negative effects of stress on the central nervous system. Our nervous system is contained within the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord, extending from the bones of the skull, face, and mouth, all the way down to the tailbone. The primary role of the system in the development and performance of the brain and spinal cord is so vital that any imbalance or dysfunction in it can cause sensory and motor and or neurological disabilities.
Similar to the cardiovascular system, the craniosacral system has a rhythm that can be felt throughout the body. Using a very gentle touch, Peggy can monitor this rhythm in your body and help clarify the source of obstruction or stress. Once this has been clarified She can assist the natural movement of the fluid and related soft tissue to help the body self-correct. This simple action is often all that is required to relieve pain and suffering.
What conditions can Craniosacral Therapy help?
- Chronic symptoms that haven’t been helped by other approaches
- Head, neck, or back injuries resulting from a car accident, sports or work mishap, or from a fall.
- Insomnia, fatigue, headaches, poor digestion, anxiety, and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction are a few examples.
- Eye motor coordination problems, autism, dyslexia, loss of taste or smell, tinnitus, vertigo, and neuralgias, such as sciatica and tic douloureux.
- Motor coordination impairments, central nervous system disorders, orthopedic problems.
- Traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries.
- Fibromyalgia and other connective tissue disorders.
- Immune disorders.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Post-surgical dysfunction.
- Having sessions after a surgical procedure is very helpful in speeding up your recovery and resolving any shock and trauma left in your body.